Saturday, January 12, 2008

More Thoughts on "Wife Swap: Williamsville Edition"

  • I really hope Channel 7 reruns that episode again.
  • I can't get over the fact that those John Waters movie rejects reside not in depraved (yet fun) Baltimore or the Hillbilly country of Maryland but instead in WILLIAMSVILLE NY. It's genuinely mind blowing the more I ponder it. I wonder if property values have already started dropping.
  • And let's take a moment to ponder what sort of girls are losing those pagaents to a Little Princess who can neither read, write, or speak properly. Yikes!
  • The total lack of self awareness on display is still boggling my mind. There were times when I thought that I was watching a wife swap not across philosophical, sociological and intellectual divides but between Bizarro World and our world.
  • It was obvious to me that Momma Cruella was hating on that seemingly well adjusted and extremely intelligent teenage daughter because the kid was clearly prettier than hers without even trying and without a family whose sole mission is to make her pretty. That must have been a mighty kick in the teeth for Momma Cruella.
  • My first instinct was to label the Williamsville Three an example of all that is wrong with America but frankly I don't think America is that fucked up.

No comments: