Friday, January 25, 2008

Fucking hell. I cannot emphasize enough how awesome the new Black Mountain album is. Face melting awesome. God it's so heavy and satisfying.

When I was 17 this album would have blown all of our minds, my buddies and me. The non scary Sabbath heaviness* with the fucked upness of Pink Floyd, from a band whose new album came out THE OTHER DAY- that totally would have done it for the old high school gang I misspent some of my youth with... and you get a groovy chick who sounds like that chick who sang with Plant on "Battle of Evermore" off of IV. Fuck, this album gives me shivers. The 16 minute "Bright Lights" is harrowing, spacey, heavy, and utterly magnificent. And they are a band that is totally alive and seemingly ready for the long haul. Listening to In The Future will make you glad to be alive. Trust me.



* I will admit that Black Sabbath wasn't always my bag. Now, it's totally my bag. Life is funny like that sometimes.

No comments: