Friday, February 08, 2008

Reality Check

It's time to face facts Bills fans: they are leaving us. Oh I know you're saying "Dude, you're just being a pessimist," and you're absolutely right; of course I'm also a realist, and that's they way I am. Now I know you're saying "Dude, your blog is about bullshit. You read comics. Watch Doctor Who. A realist?!?" You got that right muthafuckah. A realist. I might enjoy fantasy and flights into bullshit but that's about it. I believe in facts. Figures. Taking stock of reality. And the reality of this situation is the Bills are going to Toronto, in 5 years. Let's face the facts kids:

  • Our season tickets are among the cheapest in the NFL, if not the cheapest.
  • The Canadian dollar is kicking our dollars ASS.
  • There's a lot of money in Toronto. A hilarious amount of money in Toronto.
  • To quell local uproar the Bills released a statement making hay out of the fact that the Bills signed a 15 year lease for the Ralph in 1998. Now let's do some math. 2008-1998=10 years 15-10 years = 5 years
  • The grand Toronto experiment ends in 5 years.

Adios muchachos. Make yer peace with it. Or not. Get pissed off for all I care. It won't matter in the end. It's all about the almighty dollah (US or Canadian) and that's just the way it is.

No comments: