Sunday, December 09, 2007

Is Todd God?

Is Todd Rundgren God? That is a tough one. On one hand at least two of his songs last night at the Tralf were rabidly anti religious, but on the other hand the man melted my face with his incendiary guitar work... and he certainly provoked some ecstatic reactions from some of the folks in the crowd (one of the dudes in the seated area stood up and started striking Superman poses in time to the music). Plus the faithful (every cool high school teacher in WNY) in attendance knew all the sacred texts, including Todd's newer stuff (the guy standing next to me was screaming the lyrics to "I Hate My ISP")... so maybe, just maybe Todd is God. Anyhoo, it was a great show, even if I only recognized 4 or five songs in the set, and a fine end to the 2007 concert season.

No comments: