Thursday, January 05, 2006

Unduly Harsh

OK, I was foolishly harsh on the fourth Harry Potter movie. I just got home from seeing it on the IMAX with my old roommate Steve O (any excuse to go) and OK, it is good. It's not awesome, and if you hadn't seen the first three it's utterly incomprehensible, but who cares, if you haven't seen the first three and are sitting in on the fourth you're off your nut anyways. It's a tight thriller shod of anything that doesn't strictly drive the thriller forward, and in this fashion, as the fourth movie it works, a fine through movie that links the first three and the last three, and Fines does make for an excellent Voldemort. Very nice and I agree with Steve O, it is indeed nice and Empire Strikes Back-like.

I still stand by my thoughts on the third film being the best, but I confess, I hated on it and I regret it. Further, I revise the order in which I like the Harry Potter movies from "best" to not so much" as such:

4) The Chamber of Secrets
3) The Goblet of Fire
2) The Sorceror's Stone
1) The Prisoner of Azkaban

No comments: