Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Superman 3 Wednesday

Well folks I'm pretty sure that I cracked this morning. Yep, it finally happened. After calling into work this morning at 7 AM and failing to get a vacation day ("we don't have any more available" they sez to me... on a WEDNESAY... IN FUCKING JANUARY! JANUARY!) I had it OUT with myself. I was off Tuesday on a personal day because I had bowel troubles and didn't want to take a disciplinary step over what probably amounted to some bad Mighty Taco and beer, and with Thursday my scheduled day off (thanks to my four 10 hour day work week) and Friday a steward's meeting (= no talking to shithead customers for 10 hours!) I REALLY WANTED today off in toto. But I couldn't JUST take another personal day... WHAT IF YOU WANT THEM DURING THE SUMMER? I thought...

BUT IT'D BE A 6 DAY WEEKEND!

WORK'S STILL GONNA SUCK ON MONDAY!

BUT THAT'S MONDAY! 5 DAYS FROM NOW!

COME ON MAN- DON'T FLAKE OUT. YOU CAN DO IT.

FUCK THAT- 6 DAY WEEKEND! FUCK THAT GODFORSAKEN PLACE!

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU'VE FLAKED OUT!

THAT'S RIGHT! PEOPLE WILL TALK! THE OFFICE WILL SAY "CLIFF'S LOST IT!"

AAARGH! AND I'M TRYING TO FLY UNDER THE RADAR! OK I'LL GO.


This all while I'm sitting on my bed pulling on my socks, and frankly, man was I pooped from this whole battle. Resigned to my fate (another miserable day) my shoulders drooped but then LAUGHTER! I remembered that Daily Show segment about the guy who dresses up as Superman and walks around the Sunset Strip and the nut proudly telling Dan Bakkedahl that the Superman suit he was wearing was from Superman 3 "when Superman was fighting himself in a junkyard" and Bakkedahl saying how he'd too had fought himself in a junkyard, drunk.

Superman: But look on the bright side, somebody won.

Bakkedahl: No, nobody won after that.


And I sat on my bed, thought to myself HEY! IT'S SUPERMAN 3 WEDNESDAY! Then laughing a tad too loudly I finished getting dressed... but before I could leave the house...

WOW CLIFF YOU ARE PRETTY MESSED UP!

YES THAT IS TRUE, BUT THAT WOULD MAKE FOR A GREAT BLOG POST! OR A CHAPTER FOR YOUR BOOK ABOUT WORKING IN CORPORATE HELL... WHY DON'T YOU CALL IN AND TAKE A PERSONAL DAY AND WORK ON THEM....

AHA FUCKER! I'M ONTO YOU! NICE TRY!


And then I went to work where for the rest of the morning I was prone to occasional giggle fits.

Thankfully I am better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jebus! Whoa...