Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bon Jovi

I'd rather put ____ in my mouth than listen to or go see Bon Jovi. I know that's harsh but the work happy hour was at Pearl St. last night and damn... Bon Jovi fans everywhere, and it was sort of hilarious. Whenever somebody played BJ on the jukebox a group of chicks with dubious hair would drunkenly belt it out while invariably the dudes they were with grimaced and looked at the ceiling; clearly they too would have rather put ____ in their mouths but they had no choice- they were getting some later, after their penance, and that's the price they paid. And anybody who calls BJ a hair metal band in the past tense is dreaming- judging from those shots in Gusto (kudos to Jeff Meirs for not coming out and totally slagging them off in his article, preserving his journalistic virtue) I'd say their hair is still extremely important to the equation.

Jesus, when I made my choice back in the mid 80's between Bon Jovi and U2... I chose wisely.


The good news, I've been washing my ears out with Radiohead's My Iron Lung import EP, purchashed for $10 at the Hamburg Record Theater instead of the customary $20, $25; and it is good: groovy b-sides and Radiohead on the make, exponentially growing and on the cusp of their first epic The Bends (the record most Brit Rockers subconsiously, or unsubconsciously rip off). Good ____.

No comments: