Sunday, June 11, 2006

Fucking Brilliant

Yesterday was fucking brilliant. The radio show went great. I had a chance to watch a World Cup match in it's entirety. I went over to Randy's for a BBQ- Randy lives on N. Pearl between North and Allen, and got hammered. The beer and food was plentiful and served periodically throughout the day. The weather was perfect... pluperfect. I didn't sweat once. With a healthy road beer in a plastic cup I saw the sights- the Allentown Experience was great: the festival is as it always is (which is OK), the Allentown West thing was cool: more packed it, more weird, with a neat Shakedown Street / Diagon Alley feel; and the Music Is Art Festival was swell. Of the three it was the most interesting, the one that felt the most like a Hallwall's Arts and Models Fair circa 95-96, and I salute Robby Takac for putting it on and letting it all hang out.

I love Buffalo

Was it me or was yesterday the best Allentown day EVER? I'm still gobsmacked.

No comments: