Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sweet Fancy Moses!

Kirby Puckett, Dana Reeve, Gordon Parks. Holy shit. There's no riffing on that shit. Dana Reeve was inspirational. To a kid who grew up with her husband as the Superman of his youth, a Superman who re-entered my conscious after his tragic accident, and after that accident when I saw them together I always thought of their love and their relationship as heroic, beautiful. And Gordon Parks, shit. Shaft is a great movie (my brother Tim and I loved that shit, loved it, loved everything about it) and his photographs are beautifully gritty and the perfect vehicles through which one could handle the African American Experience, and maybe even find some understanding.

This deathwatch was bad, and I am not thrilled by the fact that they are occuring more and more quickly.

No comments: