Thursday, March 02, 2006

- Kudos to the US National team for putting down Poland 1-0 yesterday in International Friendly competition. In other group news Italy obliterated Germany, Ghana lost to Mexico, and I have no idea what happened to Czechoslovakia.


- I was near a Record Theater on Triple Stamp Wednesday so I picked up a cheap copy of Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Dense and melodic and another classic Sabbath record. I've probably reached the end of the line with classic Sabbath records, and that's cool. I've got a few good dark rock records to jam out to on rainy days, days when I'm feeling evil, and nights when I'm worshipping the devil (devil's horns w/ tongue sticking out plus hissing). I've also got enough for a full stamp booklet, which I will save for the new Flaming Lips album coming out in a few weeks. Booyah.

- Big Sabres game tomorrow night because we need to snap back, moving ever forward and all that.

Win it for Patty.

- The Office has to be careful, it has to avoid being broad at the expense of dryness and keen observation. It also has to avoid indulging overmuch in outright metaphor; yes Dwight (Gareth) is clearly a fascist, and OK having him quote talking points by Mussolini during a big sales award speech and killing with it was hilarious, but it's also a bit much even by American standards... That said however it's still the funniest network show now that Arrested Development is once again in LIMBO.

- Actually...OK... no... strike that, the corporate salesmen fascism bit was hilarious. It will keep me warm tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was extremely hilarious.