Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hot Shit

My B-Day celebration at the Parent's House was excellent: brother Kevin made some bruschetta to kill for, Mother made her legendary Caesar salad dressing and deadly lasagna, and we washed it all down with some fine red table wine, a cassada cake, and the new Sopranos, which was fucking brilliant as always. It's been 2.5 years and I feel into that familiar rhythm like THAT: the keen observational humor, the darkest humor, the most human and "true" grace notes on TV,and that wonderful unpredictability of life that set it apart from EVERYTHING on TV, and it was GOOD. God how sad is it that we have to get reality filtered through art on television from a mob drama called The Sopranos? Tony and Carmela gorging themselves on exotic sushi, middle management personnel issues, Tony trying to deal with Uncle Junior (who CLEARLY has alzheimer's, trust me), Ginnie Sack hiding from the ringing telephone... this is modern America folks.

Man I cannot wait for next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try as I may, I can't imagine watching Sopranos with my Mom.

There's times I watch with my wife that make me uncomfortable.