Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My birthday was alright. I got Chinese takeout with my beautiful coworkers, got a nice card and a killer chocolate cake, and then I got to execute my duties as ________.


Thank fuck for the new Flaming Lips CD single "The Wand," something I treated myself to along with Radiohead's 7 Television Commercials DVD. The DVD is good, a swell collection of music videos, but that single rocks and it saved my evening: it's Sabbath like gravity and equally funky groove the perfect music for calling sane people to action, to wrestle control of reality out of the hands of dogmatic fanatics! while getting down in the process. The b-sides are also top notch, a hypnotic and uplifting ode to perseverance and some groovy science fiction rock.

The upcoming album is going to be soooo good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Cliff.

Glad you didn't get shitcanned!

BFLO Dude said...

Me too. I walk the straight and narrow the best I can but yeah, that was pretty fucking scary. Good old George is getting a metaphorical boot up the ass for that.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday.
Glad you were not canned.