Sunday, February 19, 2006

Music Notes

And following my sweet karmic dump and some soccer on TV I went to the New World Records and got:

- The eponymous debut by Morningwood for $7.99. Some nice Pablo Honey guitar fuzz and crunches topped with the sweet vocal stylings of Chantal Claret (I love that name). She croons, she screams, she coos, and she done turned me on. Not world shattering but fun, and substantial. I also really like the name Morningwood, and appreciate somebody having the stones to name their band Morningwood.

- The CD/DVD dualdisc edition of Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues, complete with the original album plus a 5.1 surround sound mix by Jerry Harrison that is warm, sweet, funky, and soulful. Plus essential music videos for "Burning Down the House" and "Niave Melody (This Must Be The Place)" also in surround sound. Beautiful stuff.

No comments: