Thursday, February 09, 2006

Katie Is Cool

The radio show has always been a blessing and curse: a blessing because it is fucking awesome getting a chance to get on the public airwaves and KICK OUT THE JAMS- our chance to do our thing for truth, justice and the American way; and a curse because it's fucking hard work pushing that stone up the hill. Having no clue what the hell we were doing, having no virtually no money, and because it was essentially a hobby the show occasionally took a backseat to LIFE, so when the show had to go on it was as HARD as it was worthwhile. Sometimes I'd even consider it a bonafide slog (that's why we sometimes referred to it as the "hobby from hell"). But the person who got us there, who helped push that stone more than any other is "the boss" Katie, and frankly we'd be fucked without her. I'm horrendous with the details and my organizational skills could use some work, I admit it (I also have a lot on my plate so leave me the fuck alone*), but Katie, Katie gets shit done, and she makes sure that people are doing what they need to be doing. She's the boss goddamnit, and that's the way we like it because we are a true group: when shit needs to get done it gets done, and when there are decisions to be made the group comes together and makes them as a group. We disagree often but we work that shit out, we communicate, and to the best of my knowledge the product of our labors were met with satisfaction, to the extent that we're coming back off of hiatus on the local Air America Radio affiliate by invitation (not a big fucking deal I admit but it does count for something). It is hard work but we love and we love and respect each other (this is the group I am talking about), and it is good.

We know what the Prize is and we've got our eyes on the Prize; and I don't think anybody has worked harder to attain that Prize, and I thank her for it every day.

That's just the way we fucking roll.



* Unless I am really fucking up of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BOOYAH!!