Thursday, May 11, 2006

Out of Body Experiences

Once again my home computer has been laid up, this time thanks to the damnable Windows XP Service 2 Pack, so I am way out of sorts in more ways than one. Sufficeth to say what is going on will make for a fascinating chapter in my autobiography, and more info will be forthcoming when I am able. It's been a wild 48 hours.

I am crosseyed and painless. Born under punches. The bags under my eye have bags. But me and my people, my tribe, are strong.

That said, no matter what happens the Sabres have been there for me, been there for us and it is time to show how much we love them. Their wins have been OUR wins- they're joy and resolve has become our own. Tonight's game is going be HUGE, and yer man here will be there. Game 4. Sabres up 3-0 in the series. The moon was brighter last night and the air had a wonderful scent upon it... the scent of JOY JOY JOY. Go Sabres.

Real quick:

- The 2nd season finale of Veronica Mars was cold, hard, and brutal; and this season has been one of the best tributes/homages to the LOOONG, dark crime fiction sagas of James Ellroy.

- Brad Whitford's mojo was surging last week on Real Time With Bill Maher, his keen moral logic and eloquent moral outrage trumping the conservative tomfoolery of the former governor of Virginia and member of the Foundation for Readiness and Preparedness. Bully for him.

- The new Neil Young and Flaming Lips albums have gone into constant rotation. These records... folks... these records give you something to chew on, to draw on, to see yourself and your philosophy in... and they are good.

No comments: