Monday, May 15, 2006

Brilliant

The U2 commercials for the 2006 World Cup are fucking brilliant, wonderful, inspired. Of course the global themes of the ads and global appeal of the World Cup, an event that unites the majority of the world in relative peace for 1 month will probably fall on deaf ears in our soccer ignorant nation but it matters not. U2 did the ads, the ads are magnificent, and they didn't sell out doing it. I mean shit folks, it's the FIFA World Cup we're talking about here.


Also, the Internet is back ON for me. Hot damn. The PC Medic is the MAN.

The new Doctor Who BBC imports on the Sci-Fi Channel are also brilliant. While I doubt that I'd ever find a woman attractive in a US flag t-shirt the sight of Bille Piper running around London during the Blitz with a lovely Union Jack on her chest is something I will cherish forever. The sight of all that other fucked up shit in that episode I will not: a genuinely freaky zombie nightmare that simultaneously reminded me of Pink Floyd's The Wall and a Sigur Ros music video until the cathartic end.

The White House fucking up El Presidente's televised speech was not brilliant. Ay carumba. And just you wait for the Conservative outcry even though I'll bet you dollars to donuts that some dingus in the Oval Office pushed the wrong button on the camera at the wrong time. Whoops! Gotta get that practice speaking in sir!

No comments: