Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dreams Continue, Dreams Die, and Dreams Begin Again

Of course the real dream continues... you know what I am talking about people. Unfortunately my PS2 FIFA World Cup* dreams ended in bitter penalty kick defeat at the hands of the Netherlands (yes, the Netherlands) in my first and only knockout stage game. After seemingly endless qualifying matches and a dodgy group stage (draw + win + loss = group stage advancement miracle) it ended because the computer outwitted me. Call me crazy but you kinda get invested in these things, especially because I was doing it with and for THE STARS AND BARS, and to have it end like that, without even getting to the quarter finals is a damn shame, and shameworthy.

Now let's see what the Republic of Ireland can do...



* One of the best videogames ever. Seriously.

No comments: