Tuesday, December 20, 2005

- It is the job of every Western New Yorker to put their mojo behind the Buffalo Sabres for the remainder of this road trip. They are playing magnificent hockey, and it's our DUTY to stand behind them.

- I finally saw the last episode of Long Way Round, the only other reality show I've ever really wasted my time on (the other being Comedy Central's wonderful and hilarious Comediens of Comedy) and it was excellent. Profound. To hell with pitting humans against each other in the name of televised competition as entertainment- I want adventure! True human drama that speaks to our higher nature! Good Christian fellowship! This is what I like, and this is what I got from Ewan Obi-Wan McGregor and Charley Boorman's (some other guy, the son of some director I believe) global motorcycle journey, and I defy you to watch that series and not be moved by the final episode which features joyful reunions and the profound pleasure of fulfilling a glorious quest. I also liked the bleeped out British swearing (as always), and I also thought the Tuetel's were actually cool; riding and kicking it with the lads instead of incessantly hollering at each other as depicted on their own increasingly redundant reality show (what episodes I've seen all seem... the same, except for the bike). Indeed I've never wanted to ride a motorcycle until seeing this show.

- I am getting HELLA-tired of the union bashing going on regarding the NYC transit strike. Pissed even. ABC News did a total sob story piece about the people done wrong by the strike, and in an AP article I read at work I saw that one asshole New Yorker actually likened the strike to terrorism. Apparently the asshole in question was out of town on 9/11, when actual terrorism struck NYC; that or they are just a total asshole, talking out their ass. Sorry for the momentary profanity.

- The Simpsons Christmas episode was titanic: Homer J's version of the first Christmas was genius (Marge as Mary: "I think this non traditional household just might make it"); Grandpa Simpson's delirious Santa Claus / WW2 bit was irreverent and just plain swell, and the Simpsons Do The Nutcracker Suite has to be seen (and heard) to be believed. Way better than the Easter episode, and easily one of the best animated episodes ever.

- I'm not exactly sure what I think about the idea that Flavor Flav has his own reality show. I don't think that can be filed under "Clocking the Time..."

No comments: