Sunday, December 11, 2005

ADD, a West Wing Conundrum, and The U2 CD of the Day

TiVo is changing America, and not neccesarily for the better: it's never been easier to save miscellaneous stuff (the last Bill Moyers Now, The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show) forever, you can get more TV in than ever before- which could feasibly become a cocoon for people to retreat into, the ultimate reality retreat; and it allows us to indulge in mental foolishness. Example: in the old VHS days you'd watch something like Arrested Development immediately to prevent any tape accidents and or tape-overs; nowadays with the TiVO I was able to push it off- so bummed was I over the imminent end of this fine show and under the misapprehenshion that this was it's final show that I pushed it out until I plucked up the mojo to watch it. I also confess that I checked the "To Do List" and saw that there are a few more episodes left and that also made it easier to deal with. Boy I laughed my ass off to Cherlize Theron's finale on the show (along with Dave Thomas and Super Dave Osbourne!), the show is hilarious on every level and in every way, and I look forward to having the whole show on DVD so I can pass it on. America is just lucky that AD isn't making it into syndication or it would eventually feel really bad for cancelling so awesome a show before they actually watched it. As you can see I am taking this hard.

And can anybody tell me what's the deal with West Wing? Is this Sheen's last season? And if so why is Christmas happening after the live debate but before the Alan Alda / Jimmy Smits election? I just want to know the score so I can plan for the original cast send off (hopefully penned by drug fiend / WW series creator-mastermind Aaron Sorkin). Any help would be much appreciated.

The U2 CD of the day:
Yesterday - Zooropa
Today - Unforgettable Fire
Tomorrow - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and War

No comments: