Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Rock!

It's been a long, LONG time since I've run home to dig into a Christmas present; I couldn't even try to tell you when I've been all a-twitter late on a Christmas night, but tonight I was ALL about rocking to some Live 8 in DTS surround sound and when all was said and done that is what I did, my post Christmas dinner lethargy temporarily vanquished. A word about dinner: it was excellent. The wine, excellent. The port that I had with dessert, excellent. It was all good, and it filled me up (cocktails at the Buckley's helped- hot damn!).

What I watched before the post dinner lethargy came back squared for the night was:

Macca & U2 - "Sgt. Pepper's." Awesome.
U2 - Awesome, a triumphant return to the stage that launched them onto the world stage. God I love U2.
Richard Ashcroft & Coldplay - Ashcroft showed Coldplay up. "Bittersweet Symphony" is one of the best songs ever written (even if some of it was nicked).
R.E.M. - What is the blue face paint all about Michael? A declaration of blue state pride?
Keane - Does what Coldplay does only better.
Travis - The Scottish Tragically Hip. That is a compliment. "Sing" really is a wonderful song.
Green Day - Woke me back up.
Snoop Dogg - So huge.
Annie Lennox - I love her voice. The most soulful white female voice out there.
Roxy Music - Awesome. Cool. I would have been so much cooler in high school had I been listening to Roxy Music.
Neil Young - Not dead yet, and proud of it. Pegi looked good.
Stevie Wonder - It's a shame he had to perform with those punters (those dudes form Matchbox Five).
The Who - Going to see them on tour next year.
Pink Floyd - Magical. How it's supposed to sound, how it's supposed to be, and ultimately why I wanted this boxed set. Thanks Mom. That 97 Rock Bimbo (Anita West is not a bimbo) was totally talking out her ass when she badmouthed this performance. Something I'd wanted to see for a long time, and now it's mine.

I can't wait to rock to the rest of the dvd's, and to rock to this stuff again. Damn this was the best concert ever. Thank God I am off Boxing Day.

No comments: