Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Fast Food

There should be a law preventing fast food chains from advertising in regions where they are not available to back that ____ up. I mean, Breakfeast Bistro Sandwich?!? If that chiabatta bread bun is halfway decent and you put a pat of butter on top that egg and cheese and your choice of bacon, sausage or ham... damn that would be the best ____ing breakfast sandwich ever. Why just this past Christmas Sunday over brunch I said "why if you put some bacon on top of this chiabatta bread... that would be one fine breakfast sandwich" (there was a child present). I kid you not. But because Sonic ain't up this far north we get tormented with such heavenly visions (even their slushees look scrumptious) with no hope of pay off. That's BS.

Fast Food Alert! The Mc Donald's on Elmwood across from Channel 4 has the McRib. That processed pig... the sauce and onion and dill pickle... Goddamn I love the McRib. I haven't seen any commercials so I don't know if this is an isolated event, and to be honest their drive thru is dodgy business at best, but there it is. The McRib.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clifford, how is it possible that I, who watch almost no television (unless its Barney, PBS kids, Nickelodeon, etc) has seen the McRib commercial umpteen thousand times while you, channel surfing TiVoing aficionado, has yet to view it?
Perhaps because it is disguised as a laundry detergent/dry cleaning commercial.
I have never had the McRib - that funny looking imitation pork patty frightens me. Based on your recommendation, I will indulge in one this week, late night. So much for New Year's resolutioins...