Friday, April 07, 2006

The Status of My Ongoing Spiritual Quest

My seemingly inevitable conversion away from Christianity is moving along, this week aided by The Benny Hinn Ministry. Watching Hinn whack male churchgoers with the Holy Spirit through his rolled up white sport coat during The Daily Show's "Moment of Zen" wasn't exactly what did it- I've seen his weirdness before. It was watching the male churchgoers fall over on their stomachs on top of each other like chord wood that struck me as odd. OK, now you see what I am talking about. I mean, why would anybody go so far just to rub their linus against another man's buttocks, feigning getting socked unconscious by God in the obvious service of intentionally rubbing up on another dude? Come on now. Dudes who don't go there just ain't gonna go there. I've played a lot of tackle football in my life and I can assure you that sort of thing just doesn't happen. Junk on man ass contact isn't just gonna jump off unless you want it to, and you certainly ain't just gonna lie "unconscious" there junk on man ass either... trust me you're gonna fall on your side (avoiding the man ass fest) or roll off rapidamente. Or just avoid the whole scene period.

I mean, if you clearly want to scratch that itch what's stopping you? Why go through all that? Oh... that's right... you got that whole other thing sort of blocking that stuff.

There's just a little too much going on there with that whole scene that transcends "belief": delusion, submission, denial, transference, and frankly I don't think I'm down with all that subconscious and conscious hassle. Between this and the whole Adam and Eve hung out with dinosaurs thing (like the Flintstones!) you really have to wonder.

No comments: