Thursday, April 20, 2006

- I've finally finished off Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson. Whew. Now I understand the Che phenomenon: he was a Marxist Jesus figure, or to be more precise, a Marxist Santa Claus- so sure of his philosophy that he felt compelled by history and the revolution to make a gift of his Marxist philosophy to the Third World whether they wanted it or not. An intense man who turned his life into a great adventure in the name of the highest ideals: helping his fellow man. I'll be wrassling with the implications of this book for some time.

- But enough of that heavy shit, I gotta decompress. Starting Che, then putting it down to read Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man for radio show homework, and then finishing Che... dag it's been almost 3.5 months, almost all of 2006. Switching gears next up is Staring At Sound: The True Story Of Oklahoma's Flaming Lips by Chicago rock critic Jim DeRogatis, something frothy about art and music and life and death. Just what I need.

- Actually reading a book about a rock band is something I reserve for only my most hallowed, revered rock heroes: U2, R.E.M., Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin.

- Smallville was a surprisingly effective Saw ripoff, and the dark dide comes to The OC. Kiki... oh Kiki.

- 2 days to Game 1.

No comments: