Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sam Seaborn returns to The West Wing and power begins to change hands. What a feast these last episodes have been... almost Sorkin-esque, and the end was wundebar. I think I used wundebar the other day but longtime WW fans know what I am talking about. I'm a softy like that.

Of course the Republican VP bit on next week's show looks like pure fantasy, a sot to an imaginary middle of the road that doesn't exist at this point. Not with these right wing nuts at least. We've got to put the breaks on these guys pronto.

That commerical for Flight 93 featuring a discussion with director Paul Greengrass is the weirdest commercial I have ever seen, and it might well be the most effective. The discussion for you folks: is it a manipulation to sell a controversial movie or a geniune and sincere attempt to sell a controversial film on it's potential merits? I'm leaning toward the former based on the positive early buzz and the fact that like Dark said the other day it is history that we should not forget. Also, as a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT I will certainly appreciate the fact that the film will refocus us on our proper foe/target, Osama Mutherfucking Bin Laden, who's still running around free as a fucking bird thank you very much. I just had to say it.

Oh yeah- THE STANLEY CUP, Le Coup Stanley, is out out Eastern Hills Mall, and tomorrow night is GAME 2. Game on. And OLN's broadcasting of CBC's Hockey Night in Canada Playoff feed is much appreciated. There's just something musical about the HNIC play by play and knowing color commentary. Nobody trumps Jeanneret but I'm just saying.

No comments: