Saturday, November 26, 2005

Spanish Castle Magic

- Hendrix's "Spanish Castle Magic" off of Axis Bold As Love is psychedelic heavy metal magic. Now listen to "War Pigs" off of Sabbath's Paranoid, which is heavy metal psychedelic death and destruction black magic. Awesome.

- There was no way I couldn't not buy Lost Season 1 on DVD yesterday at Target for $30, especially considering that I was planning on renting them from Blockbuster anyway. Of course I'm still working my way through the episodes (presented beautifully in 5.1 surround sound- which they actually had fun with in the mixing), but the bonus material looks boffo- a real plus for a season 1 DVD set (yeah I'm talking about the pithy X-Files and Buffy season 1 DVDs) where less is usually less. A full report will be forthcoming, but upon first glance this could be a winner.

If there is an upside to a sagging economy (at least for those of us who have to buy stuff to keep it afloat) it's this: cheap crap at the mall, or in this case Target: Lost and The OC on DVD for $30, Harry Potter DVDs for $6, Great Ceasar's Ghost- cheap stuff everywhere!

- I think I might have to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on the IMAX (IMAX... sweet IMAX, just to make sure I wasn't too hard on it the first go-around.

No comments: