Sunday, November 20, 2005

And the man himself Joe Vip came through with a hot tip that upon further investigation looks worthy of notice: Comfortably Numb: The Canadian Pink Floyd Show tribute band (considered "musically one of the best in the world"- Brain Damage.co.uk) is playing The Opera House in Toronto January 20-22. Get this: they will be recreating the Animals tour May 9, 1977 show from the Oakland Colisseum, a show I happen to have a bootleg cdr copy of, and check out this setlist:

Set 1:
Sheep
Pigs on the Wing (part one)
Dogs
Pigs on the Wing (part two)
Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Set 2:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1-5)
Welcome to the Machine
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 6-9)

Encore:
Money
Us and Them
Careful With That Axe, Eugene

Yes, thats both Animals and Wish You Were Here in their entirety. I've always said that if I had a time machine this is the Pink Floyd show I'd go to (the NYC Radio City Music Hall show from 1973 is a close second), so yes, I definately think I'll be visiting Toronto in January.

And lo, according to Brain Damage Pulse is FINALLY coming to DVD in January 2006. Thank God, at last, a 5.1 surround sound version of Dark Side of the Moon live (from Floyd's last tour), for me, on DVD.

No comments: