Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Did some house cleaning on my day off to the second disc of the 2003 Zeppelin DVD set- and anybody who champions the first disc (largely a show from 1970) over the second, which chronicles Zep's years of POWER, '72-79 obviously didn't watch them in DTS. The molar rattling potency of "The Ocean"... the wall of sound swagger on "Misty Mountain Hop"... the delicate beauty of "Going to California"... the death blues crunch of "In My Time of Dying" and sheer majesty of a powerful, urgent live "Stairway to Heaven"... this is what Zep's really about, and for a generation that MISSED OUT completely the DTS sound cranked up LOUD is the closest we'll ever get to truly and totally appreciating Zeppelin's rock of the ages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you get all these ideas? It takes me forever to put all this stuff together and my home still isn't where I want it to be.

Thanks.
home made dog treats