Monday, October 10, 2005

For me, The Sopranos came early...

“How you can be so blindly pro Bush?”

“I like his wife Laura. Used to buy weed from her at SMU. Good shit. Good shit.”

"Weeds" was hilarious and I hope they renew it for another season.

And yes, the Yankees are out! Out!

In other news I have made peace with Arrested Development, and accept that it is doomed. While enjoying it's final episodes I will have to move on to "My Name Is Earl," featuring Jason Lee (from the classic Mallrats) in a non swearing TV star turn that is by turns hilariously off color and dark and an outright life affirming half hour. I particularly liked Earl putting himself and white trash Mrs. Lanningham through a non smoking program (God I love that actress, who seems to be great in anything), and any scene with Ethan Supplee (also from Mallrats) as Earl's lovable dimbulb brother Randy.

And a quick DVD Watch: "Kingdom of Heaven" did nothing for me. "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" however did much for me, it's dry yet outrageous British humor perfectly complimented by the always creative music video pastiche visual style. Another type of sci-fi fantasy, whimsical and light while being about LIFE, THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING, and a lovely entertainment in any case.

No comments: